Thursday, January 31, 2013
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Download "A Delightfully Delicious Book Of Recipes to Tantalise Your Tastebuds" on your iPad, now in the iBook store!
Friday, December 7, 2012
It is very exciting to announce that two students from 5/6 A have just finished creating their very own iBook- the first one published for our grade.
Greed, written by Celine and illustrated by Celine and Kyla is now available for download in the iBooks store. It is a story set in the African savannah, where elephants are being hunted for their tusks. A brave elephant triumphs over the poachers!
If you do not have an iPad check out this Flip Snack book-
Thursday, December 6, 2012
|Photo: Jason South|
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Mr Fraser thought a highlight was the apple pie, he even made a video about it!
Thursday, November 29, 2012
The following prompts will help you with this process.
The way you present your reflections is up to you- you may like to create a video, record audio, tell a story, write a blog post, make a Glog, the choice is yours!
I can't wait to see what you come with!
Understanding the Challenge
• Explain the big idea, essential question, and the challenge.
• Why is this important to you and your community?
• Who does the challenge impact?
• What were the most valuable guiding questions?
• What kinds of surprises did you encounter during your research?
• What resources were the most valuable?
• Describe the process your team went through to come to your solution.
• What things did you try that didn’t seem to work?
• Why do you think your solution will make a difference?
Executing the Solution
• How did you put your solution into action?
• How did you measure its effectiveness?
• What obstacles did you face during this process?
• What challenges did you face working as a team?
• How did your group utilize individual talents?
• What have you learned about collaboration?
Review of Your Work
• Could you have solved this challenge differently?
• What would you do differently if you were to take on this challenge again?
• What is one thing you learned that you will never forget?
• What did you learn during this process that you didn’t know before?
• How can you apply this process and/or your solution to other similar challenges
in the world today?
• What skills did you learn that apply to other areas of your learning?
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
- Asylum Savers
- Asylum Helpers
- Ocean Seekers
- Seek the Asylums
What is something new and interesting you have learnt about through CBL this term?
What do you like about having to solve a challenge?
What solution has your group come up with for our challenge?
What is one thing you want people to know that may help 'Increase understanding and awareness about asylum seekers?